At Access Simplified, we help empower businesses to empower deaf individuals through improved accessibility every day. We believe in what we do, and how we do it. We take care of each other, exceed our customers’ expectations, and build success through partnership, friendship, and trust with our team members, partners, and customers. Team members who work hard, pursue excellence, and have a positive attitude can expect to grow with us as we grow. We are looking for people who wish to join the Access Simplified family, who believe in our mission, share our passion, and want to spend their careers making a difference in our communities.
Access Simplified is looking for an Executive Assistant. The ideal candidate for this position must be a strong team player with the ability to work independently, use critical thinking skills and be open to feedback as part of the evolving working process. We invite applications from individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or hearing. All candidates must have the ability to communicate using ASL.
The Executive Assistant’s role is to provide comprehensive support to the CEO. This candidate must be able to anticipate needs, think critically and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Primary responsibilities include:
– Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense and mileage reports
– Work closely with the CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Anticipate the CEO’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc
– Coordinate all Executive Team meetings and retreats and assist with staff meetings and events as needed
– Complete projects by assigning work to appropriate staff, including the Executive Team, on behalf of the CEO, while demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the Executive Team and staff
– Follow up on contacts made by the Executive to cultivate ongoing relationships.
– Answer the main phone line and respond to inquiries
– Invest in building long-lasting relationships both externally and internally
– Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization
Successful candidates should possess the following:
– Strong ability to execute work
– Ability to design and edit graphic presentations and materials
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
– High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including executives, staff, community leaders, clients and funded partners
– Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time
– Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance
– Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
– Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
– Excellent judgment is essential
– Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice
– Understanding and love of Deaf culture
– Ability to communicate in ASL
– High School diploma or GED equivalent
– Proficient with basic computer functions and ability to utilize software, scripts and other tools appropriately
– Computer skills: Mac OS, Google apps
– Open to feedback
– Responsible and reliable
– Good work ethics
– Excellent communication skills
– Ability to pass a background check
– Appreciation, or willingness to learn and integrate, the communication and cultural needs and nuances of the Deaf community
– Thrive in an intense, do-it-yourself, start-up environment
– Ability to work well within a cross-functional team environment and diverse communities
Pay depending on experience and skill level.
Full-time employee benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays and PTO.
Send your Letter of Interest and Resume to: moc.deifilpmis-ssecca@reerac with the subject line: My Application: EA: [your first and last name]
To learn more about Access Simplified, visit www.access-simplified.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org