Come work for an awesome company that solely focuses on making accessibility as attainable as possible! We want resourceful and diligent individuals to add to our translation department, which focuses on meeting clients’ vision and various project scope of works, and most importantly improving the lives of deaf and hard of hearing individuals.
Access Simplified is looking for individuals to join and be an integral part of the translation and film process, primarily working with the translation and production team to create appealing and client-specific content. The ideal candidate for this position must be a strong team player with the ability to work independently, use critical thinking skills and be open to feedback as part of the evolving translation and filming process. We invite applications from individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or hearing, including Certified ASL Interpreters (Deaf and hearing). All candidates must have the ability to communicate fluently using ASL.
We are currently seeking various positions on the translation team, many of them to be filled by Deaf/HH individuals. If you are interested, Deaf or hearing, please apply.
Some positions require interpreter certification. If you are currently certified or are preparing to become certified (Deaf or hearing), please apply.
Primary responsibilities include:
– Understand and follow the Scope of Work for each project
– Follow the projects script, outline, or screenplay
– Translate scripts from English into ASL (or vice versa)
- Understand the translation process
- Manipulate language appropriately into the desired language modality
- Create written gloss using common translation techniques and internal style guides
- Provide and receive constructive feedback on translations, and execute feedback in a professional manner
- Work closely with translation supervisor to present a final translation gloss that accomplishes the clients vision and scope of work
– Work with film crew to provide best possible output during the filming session
- Sign previously translated gloss from a teleprompter feed
- Provide on-the-spot interpretations
- Receive and execute feedback from language coach with professionalism
– High School diploma or GED equivalent
– Proficient with basic computer functions and ability to utilize software, scripts and other tools appropriately
– Computer skills: Mac OS, Google apps
– Open to feedback
– Responsible and reliable
– Good work ethics
– Excellent communication skills
– Ability to pass a background check
– Appreciation, or willingness to learn and integrate, the communication and cultural needs and nuances of the Deaf community
– Interpreter Certification (including CDI): RID, NAD, Utah (with appropriate state registration) – those working towards certification are encouraged to apply as well
– Prior translation, interpretation and production experience
– Deep understanding and love of Deaf Culture
– Fluent in ASL
– The job operates in a professional office environment
– This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, webcams, videophones
– Ability to work full-time or part-time
Pay depending on experience and skill level.
Full-time employee benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays and PTO.
Send your Letter of Interest and Resume to: moc.deifilpmis-ssecca@reerac with the subject line: My Application: TTM: [your first and last name]
To learn more about Access Simplified, visit www.access-simplified.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org